Mark J. Kalla practices in the areas of banking, bankruptcy and commercial litigation.
Mark represents corporate and individual clients alike, including various business organizations, lenders, and farm-related entities. His experience includes work on Midwestern bankruptcies, as well as national bankruptcies in Delaware, New York, Texas, Illinois, California, and various other locations.
Mark often speaks to various audiences on the topics of bankruptcy and lending and has authored several articles for trade publications. For more than twenty years he has received the highest rating from Martindale-Hubble® and he has been recognized in Best Lawyers in America® in the areas of Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law, and Litigation-Banking & Finance.
Articles & Presentations
- Sections of Minnesota Debtor/Creditor Handbook and the Bankruptcy Practice Minnesota Deskbook, Author
- “A House with Two Rooms” – Final Report of the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Liberia Diaspora Project, Contributing Editor
- Super Lawyers list as Top-Rated Bankruptcy Attorney in Minneapolis, MN, 2003 – 2010, 2012 – 2017
- Top Rated Banking and Finance Lawyer, Martindale-Hubble®
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Top Minnesota Lawyers
- Among top ten vote-getters Best Bankruptcy and Workout Lawyers in Minnesota
- Special Recognition Award from The Advocates for Human Rights for the work with the Liberian Truth and Reconciliation Commission – 2009