With his client-focused approach, analytical skills and straight-forward style, Brad’s clients are assured that their legal matters will be addressed with thoughtful expertise, efficiency and practical judgment. He handles a wide variety of general and complex business matters for his clients, including mergers and acquisitions, real estate transactions, development projects, business organization and restructuring, and intellectual property licensing. Brad is especially skilled in analyzing, drafting and negotiating all types of business contracts. In addition to handling significant contracts and transactions, Brad serves as a valued advisor and resource to his clients regarding their day-to-day business and legal matters.
Brad’s clients span a wide variety of businesses, and include real estate developers, regional healthcare systems, accounting firms, investment management firms, medical and dental clinics, healthcare professionals, software companies, architectural and engineering firms and restaurant franchisors and franchisees.
Brad’s considerable experience in handling various types of commercial transactions and general business law matters is reflected in the following list of notable representations:
- Represented acquiring firm in complex acquisition of an investment management business involving $6 billion of assets under management.
- Represented acquiring firm in merger of the 17th largest and 43rd largest accounting firms in the United States.
- Represented developer in all stages of the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of $16 million mixed-use retail/residential real estate project.
- Represented regional healthcare system regarding the property assembly, acquisition, and long-term development of a 200-acre medical campus and office park.
- Serves as corporate counsel to 13th largest accounting firm in United States.
- Successfully negotiated local company’s $15 million product distribution agreement with a global biotechnology company under very contentious circumstances.
- Represented developer in the assembly, acquisition, development, land division and sale of $6 million residential real estate development on Green Lake.
- Serves as corporate counsel to national architectural and engineering firm with offices throughout the United States.
- Represented national restaurant franchisee with regard to acquisition, construction, financing, leasing and operation of several restaurants located throughout the Midwest.
- Acted as temporary general counsel of $70 million software company during general counsel’s unexpected absence.