“Kathleen M. Newman … gave me great hope when I had little during an extremely difficult time. Kathy is a true professional and always thorough. Those who work with Kathy are kind, thoughtful and intelligent. I never felt alone or ill …” – Andrea S.
“Kathy is always there when you need her and her team epitomizes professional excellence.” – B.K., MD MPH Occupational Medicine
“I was represented by Kathy Newman and Barb Seibel for approximately 1 yr. They were always compassionate yet straight forward and very realistic in setting expectations due to their combined years of experience. They were conscientious …” – Camille
“Kathleen is direct, but I know I can trust her. From the beginning, we could communicate about any issue and it wasn't uncomfortable. She is very good at interpersonal skills that I found lacking in many other attorneys.” – Charlene J.
“Kathleen does not always tell you what you want to hear, but she'll give you an honest opinion. She does not sugarcoat the process or the likelihood of success. She definitely knows divorce law and she proactively navigates it to avoid the pitfalls.” – Keith K.
“Kathy and her team were awesome. Kathy was sharp and direct in getting the job done. At a time of high emotional turmoil, I felt a great sense of relief and comfort knowing I had such good, solid representation. She far exceeded my expectations...” – L.J., Dentist
“Thank you for all of your help! It's great to have it all done, and it really helps to receive your knowledge about my questions. Thank you for being such a supportive person”. – Lauren
“I have been so impressed with Kathleen and her office. Not only is the legal representation at the highest level, it is also personal. She and her staff are personable and seem to really care what happens to me, not just my case. I recommend Kathy.” – Mike S. – Pediatrician
“When you have kids involved in a divorce, Kathleen is very warm and considerate and professional. She understands that it's an emotional subject and she approaches that very well. In the end, the kids were happy, and I was happy. I was happy with the end result. She made the best decisions along the way. If she hadn't been involved in some of the negotiating, it would have been much more difficult.” – Reed L.
“Kathleen and her team have helped me through one of the most difficult times in my life. My divorce was extremely painful, and they were professional and could see the big picture when I could not. Kathleen was able to keep me focused.” – Roberta
“Kathleen is very balanced. Her recommendations were never intended as punishment for the other side, but I always felt like she went to bat for me. She has an open mind and was willing to respect my opinion. It felt good to know that she was on my side. I had a good sense of confidence in Kathleen. If I had something blow up over the weekend, she got back to me. At the end of the day that's what made the difference for me. She helped me make lemonade out of lemons and was there and present …” – Robin H.
Awards & Recognitions
- Mpls. St. Paul Magazine, Top Women Attorneys In Minnesota (2022)
- U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”, (2020,'19,'18,'17,'16,'14 as Newman & Associates P.A.)
- The Best Lawyers in America® – Family Law - 1993- Present
- Consumers Guide to Law & Leading Attorneys, 1993 – Present
- Super Lawyer® , and Top 40 Super Lawyers for Family Law, Consumers Guide to Law & Leading Attorneys, Minnesota Journal of Law & Politics, FindLaw Super Lawyers publication, 1996 – Present
- Super Lawyer® , Minnesota Law & Politics Magazine, 2003 – Present
- Certified Family Law Trial Advocacy Board, 2010 – Present
- Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers Strathmore’s Who’s Who, 2011- Present
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys – 10 Best Attorneys for Client Satisfaction, 2015 – Present
- National Academy of Family Law Attorneys, Top 10 Attorney Award, 2019 and 2017
- Named one of Minnesota Monthly’s Best Lawyers for 2017