Nicole D. Williams ButteryAttorney
- Email Me
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Download V-Card
- J.D., University of Wisconsin Law School
- B.A., University of Wisconsin - Madison
Nicole is an attorney in DeWitt’s Madison office, practicing in the areas of family law and guardianships. Nicole’s primary focus is to assist clients with thoughtfulness while effectively navigating the most difficult times in their lives. Nicole has experience in matters involving divorce, custody and placement, child support, maintenance, and paternity. Nicole’s guardianship work includes petitions for guardianship of minors and incompetent adults. She also has experience serving as a Guardian ad Litem in Family Court in Dane County.
In addition to her legal experience, Nicole also has experience as a section coordinator for the State Bar of Wisconsin, where she worked directly with attorneys and Bar leadership in the successful development, delivery and management of innovated and valuable programs, services and events. Prior to the State Bar of Wisconsin, Nicole worked as an attorney practicing in the areas of criminal defense, family law and guardianships.
While in law school, Nicole participated in the Frank J. Remington Center Family Law Project where she represented incarcerated clients in family law matters. She received an award for excellence in family law and participated in several organizations and volunteer opportunities. She spent a summer interning with a litigation firm and a criminal defense firm in California and interned at the Dane County Circuit Court with the Honorable John W. Markson.
In her spare time, she volunteers with Dane County Court-Appointed Special Advocates, where she acts as an independent voice for abused and neglected children in the Dane County Courts System.
- Dane County Bar Association
- Legal Association for Women (“Law”)
- Dane County Court-Appointed Special Advocates
- Law Alliance
Articles & Presentations
- “What is an Injunction and How Will One Affect Your Family Court Case?” – DeWitt Family Law News, May 2019
- “Streamline Changes to the Wisconsin Relocation Statute” – DeWitt Family Law News, May 2018
- “Effects of Tax Cuts and Jobs Act on Maintenance Tax Deduction” – DeWitt Family Law News, January 2018
Awards & Recognitions
- Lawyers of Color Hot List 2022
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, Wisconsin Chapter – Family Law (2013)
Service Area Subspecialties
- Family Law