Timm P. SpeerschneiderAttorney
- Email Me
- Madison, Wisconsin
- Download V-Card
- J.D., with honors, University of Wisconsin–Madison
- M.S., Environmental Impacts of Land Development, with honors, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- B.S., Environmental Studies, with honors, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern and Western Districts of Wisconsin
Keeping up with rapidly changing environmental regulations is not an easy task. Failure to do so can result in significant monetary penalties and even jail time. That is why many clients from all economic sectors (agriculture, mining, manufacturing, and transportation) depend on Timm to keep them abreast and to defend them if they find themselves facing an enforcement action. He focuses his practice in the areas of Administrative Law, Environmental Law and Land Use.
Timm’s clients include many trade associations such as the Wisconsin Transportation Builders Association, Wisconsin Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries, Association of Wisconsin Snowmobile Clubs and Wisconsin Cranberry Growers Association, where he is responsible for keeping them up to speed on environmental regulations. Timm lectures at many of the associations’ meetings regarding developments in environmental law and enforcement.
- American Bar Association
- Dane County Bar Association
Awards & Recognitions
- Best Lawyers® – 2017 Madison Lawyer of the Year for Environmental Law
- Best Lawyers – 2014 Madison Lawyer of the Year for Land Use and Zoning Law
- Best Lawyers – Best Lawyers in America (Environmental Law; Land Use and Zoning Law) Since 2006
Client Recommendations“I have worked with Timm on a wide variety of environmental, land-use and property related issues for almost 20 years. His experience, expertise and creativity have led to excellent results. Most importantly, Timm understands what is important to his clients and is extremely efficient and responsive.” – Mark Filmanowicz, Chief Legal Officer of Payne & Dolan, Inc.
ClientsTimm represents many individual entities regarding environmental matters, including mining companies (Rio Tinto, Aquila), paper mills (Flambeau River Papers), waste disposal companies (Advanced Disposal Services, Republic Services), road builders (Payne & Dolan), and many small and large farming operations. He has assisted these entities in expanding their businesses, as well as defended them against enforcement actions, both from the government and citizens. He successfully handled the precedent-creating arbitration before the Waste Facility Siting Board which involved tens of millions of dollars in landfill impact fees.
Service Area Subspecialties
- Environmental Law
- Waste Disposal