At DeWitt, we have a seasoned team of attorneys with extensive experience successfully handling matters related to the construction industry. We offer legal advice in a wide variety of areas in public and private sector development and construction activity. Our attorneys take a comprehensive approach to each project, whether negotiating the financing for a mixed-use project or litigating a construction claim, we work closely with our clients to achieve sensible solutions and results.
Frequently, our construction industry clients seek advice ranging from project development, government contracts, finance, risk management or alternative dispute resolution to litigation. We have significant experience with construction industry claims and litigation, including alternative dispute resolution.
Our Wisconsin and Minnesota construction industry attorneys deal with civil and infrastructure projects, resorts, mixed-use and commercial projects, public works, and land use projects. In addition, we frequently work with government contracting and industrial projects to help our clients devise effective strategies and solutions to resolve issues unique to the construction industry.
We represent national and international construction clients throughout the country, including owners, architects, engineers, general contractors, construction managers, subcontractors, specialty contractors, material suppliers, and other parties involved with the design, construction, and operation of commercial, public, and residential properties.
The areas of our expertise in the construction industry include:
- Litigation – Including Trials and Appeals in State and Federal Courts
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – Including Mediation and Arbitration
- Breach of Contract Claims
- Contract Review, Negotiation, and Drafting
- Contract Compliance – Including Change Order and Differing Site Condition Issues
- Construction and Mechanics Liens
- Competitive Bidding Process, Bid Mistakes and Protests
- Delay, Acceleration, and Suspension of Work Claims
- Design and Construction Defect Claims
- Design Professional Negligence and Malpractice Claims
- Corporate Compliance
- Environmental Permitting and Compliance as Well as Other Environmental Issues Including Asbestos, Mercury, and Mold Disputes
- False Claims Act Defense
- Government Contracts
- Insurance Coverage Issues
- Job Site Injury Claims
- Coverage Under Commercial General Liability Policies and Other Types of Insurance
- Litigation of Construction Disputes in State and Federal Courts, Including Federal Claims Courts
- OSHA and MSHA Safety Law Compliance
- Prevailing Wage Issues
- Public Construction, Infrastructure, and Highway Construction
- Public-Private Partnerships
- Public and Private Payment and Performance Bonds
- Theft by Contractor Claims.