Laurel is an attorney in the Business and Intellectual Property practice groups in the Greater Milwaukee office. Her focus is on preparing efficient and quality research and writing to provide clients with the tools to make informed, focused decisions.
Her prior legal experience includes working as a Summer Associate with Dewitt LLP and as an intern with the NCAA. While in law school, Laurel was heavily involved in the Marquette Sports Law program, serving as the Chair of the Sports Law Competition Board. Laurel also fine-tuned her writing skills as an editor of the Marquette Law Review and as a member of the Marquette Sports Law Review. She also served as the Chair of Marquette’s mentorship program, helping further Marquette’s collaborative and welcoming environment.
Outside of work, Laurel enjoys spending time with her beagle, Emmie and watching the Colorado Avalanche win the Stanley Cup.
Articles & Presentations
- “It's (Not) All Par for the Course: An In-Depth Analysis of the PGA's Controversial Nonprofit Status” - 32 Marq. Sports L. Rev. 569 (2022)
- "With Child, Without Workplace Accommodation: Impact of the Recent EEOC v. Wal-Mart Stores East, L.P. Decision and the Biggest Takeaways for Employers" - DeWitt Employment Law News
- "Franken-Who? Copyright and spooky season’s beloved character" - DeWitt Intellectual Property News
- "Make Way for New Trademark Deadlines" - DeWitt Intellectual Property News
- "A Lesson from Musk?! What a Federal Judge's Denial of Elon Musk's Request to Relocate Trial Says About Forum Changes" - DeWitt Litigation News
- "NLRB General Counsel’s Severance Agreement Memorandum: What Employers Need to Know" - DeWitt Employment Law News
Awards & Recognitions
- Marquette Sports Law Review Comment Competition for best student-written comment
- Anne Wall Ethics in Sports Law Writing Competition
- Former Comment Editor of Marquette Law Review
- Former Chair, Marquette Sports Law Competition Board
- Negotiation Coach, New England Hockey Arbitration Competition; California Sports Lawyer Negotiation Competition