For more than 30 years, David has provided his clients with intelligent and effective advocacy. These clients include companies of all sizes, individuals and institutional lenders – such as BMO Harris Bank, Zions Bank, Alerus Financial, Peoples Bank of Commerce, and MinnWest Bank. David has represented clients in all facets of business litigation and financial matters, in state, federal and bankruptcy court. He is adept at achieving favorable results for his clients through savvy settlement strategy, and recognizes that often the best outcomes are those that are thoughtfully negotiated.
- Negotiated six-figure settlement of $8.6 million clawback claim against client in Tom Petters bankruptcy case.
- Recovered $182 million for mortgage-lender in foreclosure of major, office complex in downtown Minneapolis.
- Represented employer in Minnesota Supreme Court, overturning Minnesota Court of Appeals decision and creating important precedent, which has been cited over 200 times.
- Guided a regional bank in agricultural Chapter 11 case to a successful conclusion.
- Litigated and settled client’s $2.1 million claim filed in Chapter 11 case of high-profile, Twin Cities real estate developer.
Articles and Presentations
- “Error In UCC Termination Statement May Cost Lenders $1.5 Billion,” Creditors Rights Round-up Blog, January 2015